Kanamari (Jaguar) – Wild White Cacao
Kanamari Jaguar Tree rapé gives a pleasant relaxation feeling. The presence of macambo (Theobroma bicolor) in this blend, adds a magical mood boosting effect because of the serotonin compounds in it.
Macambo is also known as Jaguar tree in the Amazonian jungle, and it is a wild unknown cousin of the commercial cocoa we know. People believe that Macambo can bring sweet, vivid dreams, and Kanamari people use Jaguar rapé when meaningful enthusiasm is needed.
Raimunda Kanamari is 70 years old, she is one of the few elder women that keeps the tradition of preparing the rape. She knows many recipes and ways to prepare special combinations for different occasions. She learned from the elders of her community and from neighboring groups like the Tanimuka.
She combines her work of planting food for her family, with growing magical plants and preparing medicine. She travels eight days downstream the Yavari riverto reach Brazilian city of Atalaya to exchange her medicines for yuca, bananas, salt and other products that are not available in the jungle. Raimunda goes every 3 months down the river to make this exchange, locals value her medicine very much.
The more you buy, the cheaper it gets. You can even mix and match items too !
|If you buy||1 -4||5 +|
|Each item is||£30.00||£27.00|
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)